XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL, 15mg/mL, 20mg/mL, 40mg/mL; soln.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION:
Local or regional anesthesia for infiltration and nerve block (see literature).
See literature for recommended dosages based on procedures. Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. For all procedures: Max total dose: 4.5mg/kg not to exceed 300mg; epidural or caudal anesthesia should not be administered at intervals <90 minutes. Paracervical block: max 200mg total per 90 minute period. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill (eg, cardiac or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: individualize based on weight and age. >3yrs: usual max dose: 1.5–2mg/lb. See literature for dosages specific to procedures.
To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Intra-articular infusions: not recommended. Avoid intravascular inj. Avoid methylparaben with spinal or epidural anesthesia. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Severe shock. Heart block. Neurological disease. Spinal deformities. Septicemia. Severe hypertension. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Malignant hyperthermia. Head and neck administration. Labor & delivery: see literature. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, lightheadedness, confusion), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collpase), hypersensitivity reactions, headache, backache, nausea, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Multi-dose vial (10mL, 20mL)—1, 5
Multi-dose vial (50mL)—1
MPF ampules (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF ampules (30mL)—5
MPF single-dose vial (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF single-dose vial (30mL, 50mL)—1
MPF Polyamp Duofit Sterile Pack (10mL, 20mL)—5
MPF Sterile Pack SD Vial (30mL)—5
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)