XIFAXAN 200mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rifaximin 200mg; tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for XIFAXAN 200mg:
Travelers' diarrhea due to noninvasive E. coli. Limitations of use: not for use if diarrhea is accompanied by fever or blood in stool, or if causative agent other than E. coli may be suspected (eg, C. jejuni, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp.).
200mg 3 times daily for 3 days.
Discontinue and reevaluate if diarrhea worsens or persists >24–48hrs. Not for treating systemic infections. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine); caution. Monitor INR and PT with warfarin; dose adjustment may be needed.
Flatulence, headache, abdominal pain, rectal tenesmus, defecation urgency, nausea.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)