XIFAXAN 200mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rifaximin 200mg; tabs.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for XIFAXAN 200mg:
Travelers' diarrhea due to noninvasive E. coli. Limitations of use: not for use if diarrhea is accompanied by fever or blood in stool, or if causative agent other than E. coli may be suspected (eg, C. jejuni, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp.).
200mg 3 times daily for 3 days.
Discontinue and reevaluate if diarrhea worsens or persists >24–48hrs. Not for treating systemic infections. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine); caution. Monitor INR and PT with warfarin; dose adjustment may be needed.
Flatulence, headache, abdominal pain, rectal tenesmus, defecation urgency, nausea.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)