Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 500mg; chew tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VERMOX:
Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm).
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: Chew completely before swallowing; if difficulty chewing, can add 2–3mL of water using a dosing syringe; wait 2mins and then swallow. Give 500mg as a single dose.
Risk of convulsions. Monitor blood counts if using higher doses or during prolonged therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Serious skin reactions (eg, SJS, TEN) with concomitant metronidazole; avoid.
Anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, rash; neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Increase Men's Suicide Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)