Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 500mg; chew tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VERMOX:
Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm).
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: Chew completely before swallowing; if difficulty chewing, can add 2–3mL of water using a dosing syringe; wait 2mins and then swallow. Give 500mg as a single dose.
Risk of convulsions. Monitor blood counts if using higher doses or during prolonged therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Serious skin reactions (eg, SJS, TEN) with concomitant metronidazole; avoid.
Anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, rash; neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Guidelines Updated for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Darolutamide Improves Metastasis-Free Survival in CRPC
- Prednisone to Blame for ERA 223 Trial Failure?
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)