Latest Transplantation News
All 20 recipients experienced HCV cure, good quality of life, excellent renal function.
After 2000, investigators observed a deceleration in short-term improvements in graft survival.
Recipient social support most influential factor for providers concerned with avoiding organ wastage.
Increases quality-adjusted life expectancy, reduces costs versus transplant of HCV-uninfected kidney.
From pre- to post-expansion period, 59% relative increase in Medicaid-covered preemptive listings.
Associated with increased risk of composite end point of acute rejection, allograft failure.
Increased odds of using multiple sun protection measures among organ transplant recipients.
Delaying treatment until after transplant doesn't adversely impact kidney allograft or survival.
Other concerns expressed by living donors include surgical, lifestyle, psychosocial impact of donation.
No difference in survival between recipients of organs from drug-intoxicated donors, other donors.
A study found that bladder cancer and UTUC occurred in 122.22 and 113.97 per 100,000 persons per year, respectively, among kidney transplant recipients.
Unique characteristics ID'd in peripheral blood cells of simultaneous liver-kidney transplant recipients.
The number of transplants in the United States involving organs from individuals who died from a drug overdose rose from 149 in 2000 to 3533 in 2016.
Nurse managers, white providers more likely to be unaware of national racial disparity in waitlisting
Kidney transplant recipients in the highest tertile of serum uromodulin concentration had a 2-fold increased risk of allograft failure compared with those in the lowest tertile.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer