THYROLAR 3 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Liotrix (contains liothyronine sodium (T3) 37.5mcg and levothyroxine sodium (T4) 150mcg); tabs.
Indications for THYROLAR 3:
Hypothyroidism: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily (long-standing myxedema: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily); increase by one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 every 2–3 weeks; usual maintenance: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 2 daily. Myxedema coma: see literature.
Hypothyroidism: <6months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily. 6–12months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily; 1–5yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 daily; 6–12yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily; >12yrs: more than one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: use lower initial dose. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Monitor for craniosynostosis in infants. Pregnancy (Cat. A). Nursing mothers.
T3 and T4 (synthetic).
Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. Toxicity with larger doses of sympathomimetics (e.g., anorectics).
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)