Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinupristin/dalfopristin 500mg per vial (as 150mg quinupristin and 350mg dalfopristin); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNERCID:
Treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to S. aureus (methicillin-susceptible) or S. pyogenes.
Give by IV infusion over 60mins. ≥16yrs: 7.5mg/kg every 12hrs for at least 7 days.
<16yrs: not established; doses of 7.5 mg/kg every 8hrs or 12hrs have been used in a limited number of children under emergency-use conditions (see full labeling).
Hepatic insufficiency. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. Potentiates CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam, nifedipine, cisapride, carbamazepine, vinca alkaloids, taxanes, steroids, NNRTIs, protease inhibitors, statins); monitor esp. those with narrow therapeutic window (eg, cyclosporine, tacrolimus). May affect digoxin.
Inj site reactions, arthralgia, myalgia, GI upset, thrombophlebitis, rash, headache, pruritus; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)