Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinupristin/dalfopristin 500mg per vial (as 150mg quinupristin and 350mg dalfopristin); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNERCID:
Treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to S. aureus (methicillin-susceptible) or S. pyogenes.
Give by IV infusion over 60mins. ≥16yrs: 7.5mg/kg every 12hrs for at least 7 days.
<16yrs: not established; doses of 7.5 mg/kg every 8hrs or 12hrs have been used in a limited number of children under emergency-use conditions (see full labeling).
Hepatic insufficiency. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. Potentiates CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam, nifedipine, cisapride, carbamazepine, vinca alkaloids, taxanes, steroids, NNRTIs, protease inhibitors, statins); monitor esp. those with narrow therapeutic window (eg, cyclosporine, tacrolimus). May affect digoxin.
Inj site reactions, arthralgia, myalgia, GI upset, thrombophlebitis, rash, headache, pruritus; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- The Potential Role for PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)