SPIRIVA HANDIHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tiotropium (as bromide monohydrate) 18mcg/cap; dry pwd in caps for oral inhalation; with inhaler device.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for SPIRIVA HANDIHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchospasm due to COPD, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. To reduce exacerbations of COPD.
2 inh of one capsule contents (18mcg) once daily, using HandiHaler inhalation device. Max: 2 inh/24hrs. Do not swallow caps.
Allergy to ipratropium.
Not for the relief of acute symptoms. Discontinue if immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, angioedema) or paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; consider alternative therapy. Monitor for signs/symptoms of worsening narrow-angle glaucoma or worsening urinary retention (esp. GI or GU obstruction). Moderate-to-severe renal impairment; monitor for anticholinergic effects. Allergy to atropine or its derivatives; monitor. HandiHaler: avoid getting powder into eyes; or allergy to milk proteins. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid other anticholinergics.
Upper respiratory tract infection, dry mouth, sinusitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, cough, headache, non-specific chest pain, UTI, dyspepsia, rhinitis, other anticholinergic effects (eg, urinary retention, constipation, dysuria, tachycardia, blurred vision, glaucoma); paradoxical bronchospasm.
HandiHaler (caps w. inh device)—5, 30, 90; Respimat (cartridge w. inh device)—4g (60 inh)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Increase Men's Suicide Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)