Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefditoren (as pivoxil) 200mg, 400mg; tabs.
Vansen Pharma Inc.
Indications for SPECTRACEF:
Susceptible mild to moderate acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), pharyngitis/tonsillitis, uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
Take with meals. Bronchitis: 400mg twice daily for 10 days. CAP: 400mg twice daily for 14 days. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis, skin and skin structure: 200mg twice daily for 10 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–49mL/min): max 200mg twice daily; CrCl <30mL/min: max 200mg once daily; ESRD: not established.
Milk protein allergy (not lactose intolerance). Carnitine deficiency or conditions causing carnitine deficiency.
Penicillin or other allergy. Not for long-term therapy. Decreased muscle mass (risk of carnitine deficiency). Monitor prothrombin time in renal or hepatic impairment or poor nutritional state. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid drugs that reduce gastric acidity. Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Fehling's or Benedict's soln, Coomb's test; false (–) with ferricyanide test.
GI upset, headache, transient reduction in plasma carnitine levels; pseudomembranous colitis.
Tabs (200mg)—20-count blister pack; 400mg—2-, 20-, 28-count blister pack
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)