Generic Name and Formulations:
Tiludronate disodium 240mg (equivalent to tiludronate acid 200mg); tabs.
Indications for SKELID:
Treatment of Paget's disease of bone (osteitis deformans) in patients (1) who have a level of serum alkaline phosphatase at least twice the upper limit of normal, or (2) who are symptomatic, or (3) who are at risk for future complications of their disease.
Take with 6–8oz of plain water on an empty stomach. 400mg once daily for 3 months. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes.
Inability to stand or sit upright for at least 30 minutes.
Active upper GI disease; discontinue and reevaluate if signs/symptoms of esophageal reaction occur. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Ensure adequate Vit. D and calcium intake. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Calcium, aluminum, magnesium, other divalent cations reduce absorption (separate dosing by at least 2hrs). Caution with aspirin, NSAIDs, other GI irritants. Potentiated by indomethacin, separate dosing by 2hrs.
GI upset; musculoskeletal pain (may be severe), esophagitis; esophageal ulcer, stricture, or erosion, jaw osteonecrosis; rarely: gastric or duodenal ulcer.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)