Latest Reproductive Medicine News
Nine donations were confirmed positive; 6 of these had travelled to ZIKV-active areas.
More than half of older adults surveyed agree that sex is important to their overall quality of life.
Spermatogenesis often occurs away from tumor; findings may aid fertility planning, sperm retrieval.
Drop in ZIKV RNA shedding in semen seen within 3 months after illness onset but can persist longer.
47% of women, 23% of men with recent sexual activity received risk assessment in past year
Low sperm counts linked to hypogonadism, higher BMI, hypertension, dyslipidemia, metabolic syndrome
Dimethandrolone undecanoate lowers testosterone; well tolerated, mild effects of weight gain, lower HDL
No worse sexual or urinary function, but incidence of urethral stricture higher than swimmers/runners.
A novel approach called "Aquablation" provides results comparable to TURP, but with a decreased likelihood of retrograde ejaculation.
Majority of survey respondents support gene editing to treat diseases but not human enhancement.
Human semen contains 27 different viruses.
The maximum duration of detectable Zika in semen in the study was 45 days.
Men in the treatment group also reported greater improvement in distress relating to intercourse, control of ejaculation, and satisfaction with sexual intercourse.
Researchers tested an automated smartphone-based semen analyzer.
The most common side effects were acne, increased libido, muscle pain, and mood and emotional disorders.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Increase Men's Suicide Risk
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)