Latest Prostate Cancer News
A patient's risk of suicide is doubled within the first year following a prostate cancer diagnosis, according to a new meta-analysis.
Study of Korean radical prostatectomy patients showed that those who were obese had significant increased odds of biochemical recurrence and cancer-specific mortality
Cytoreductive radical prostatectomy (RP) for metastatic prostate cancer (PCa) is associated with higher complication rates and longer hospital stays than RP for non-metastatic PCa.
From 2000 to 2015 screening for breast, cervical, and prostate cancers decreased significantly, whereas screening for colorectal cancer increased significantly.
Physicians increasingly are prescribing high dose and very high dose radiation therapy after radical prostatectomy despite an absence of randomized trials supporting the practice.
Patients may benefit from earlier lines of enzalutamide for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Stereotactic body radiation therapy achieves good local control of metastases in patients with recurrent prostate cancer following primary treatment.
Shorter PSA double times are associated with worse disease-specific, metastasis-free, and overall survival, study finds.
Radiation therapy dose escalation, pelvic lymph node irradiation, and hormone therapy duration are prescribed based on patient and tumor characteristics.
Men in the bottom 10th of free testosterone level vs those with higher levels were found to have a 23% decreased risk of prostate cancer.
Younger men with prostate cancer are less likely to experience Gleason score upgrading and pathologic progression on repeat biopsy.
According to researchers, 57.3% of men who underwent salvage robot-assisted radical prostatectomy were pad-free at 12 months.
New study shows no significant difference in overall survival between 18 and 36 months of androgen deprivation therapy used in combination with radiation therapy.
Regardless of treatment modality, men with Gleason 10 prostate cancer have high 5-year overall survival rates, new study finds.
Early study results are encouraging, but high-quality data that validate PET/CT against a reliable reference standard are lacking.
Sign up for free e-Newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer