Generic Name and Formulations:
Propranolol HCl, hydrochlorothiazide; 40mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Propranolol/Hydrochlorothiazide:
Titrate individual components.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Overt heart failure. Ischemic heart disease. Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Bronchospasm, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives, antithyroid drugs, haloperidol, chlorpromazine, cimetidine. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin, phenytoin. Potentiates antipyrine, lidocaine, nondepolarizing muscle relaxants, theophylline. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May increase cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests. May block epinephrine.
Heart failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, orthostatic hypotension, dizziness, GI upset, depression, skin reactions (eg, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria), photosensitivity, pharyngitis, agranulocytosis.
Formerly known under the brand name Inderide.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Guidelines Updated for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Darolutamide Improves Metastasis-Free Survival in CRPC
- Prednisone to Blame for ERA 223 Trial Failure?
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)