PNEUMOVAX 23 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pneumococcal vaccine 25mcg; each of 23 polysaccharide isolates; inj; contains phenol.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PNEUMOVAX 23:
Immunization against pneumococcal disease caused by approximately 85–90% of common U.S. isolates.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 0.5mL IM or SC once in deltoid muscle or lateral mid-thigh.
Not for routine revaccination after previous pneumococcal vaccination in immunocompetent patients. Within 14 days of immunosuppressive therapy.
Severe cardiac or pulmonary disease where a systemic reaction would pose a significant risk. May defer in acute febrile respiratory illness or other active infection. Do not discontinue antipneumococcal prophylactic antibiotic therapy. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, low grade fever.
Multidose vials—1,10; Single-dose vials—10
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)