Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium acetate 667mg (elemental calcium 169mg); gelcaps.
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Indications for PHOSLO:
Hyperphosphatemia in end stage renal failure.
1334mg with meals; usual max 2668mg per meal. Adjust dose to keep serum phosphate <6mg/dL.
Monitor serum calcium and phosphorus. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid digitalis, calcium supplements, antacids. May inhibit tetracycline absorption.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Urine Immunoassay Identifies Novel Lupus Nephritis Biomarkers
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)