Chlorzoxazone Caplets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorzoxazone 500mg; scored caplets.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chlorzoxazone Caplets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
500mg 4 times daily; max 750mg 4 times daily.
Monitor for hepatotoxicity; discontinue if hepatic dysfunction, abnormal liver enzymes, or rash occurs. Allergy. Pregnancy.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Additive effects with concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants.
GI upset, drowsiness, dizziness, liver damage; fatal hepatocellular toxicity (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Parafon Forte DSC.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Obesity Linked With Improved Survival in mCRPC
- Radium-223 Use in mCRPC Differs By Race
- Brachytherapy for Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer Continues to Decline
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Abiraterone, Prednisone With Androgen Deprivation Therapy Show Durable Efficacy in Metastatic Castration-Naive Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)