Latest Overactive Bladder News
Methylene blue aids observation of the procedure and assessment of drug distribution.
Clinicians should be alert to the relationship between antimuscarinics usage and depressive disorder in OAB women and provide appropriate instructions for these patients.
Onabotulinumtoxin A successfully reduced urinary frequency and urgency, but not urgency urinary incontinence episodes.
Pharmacologic properties of oxybutynin may cause significant cognitive side effects in elderly persons.
Treatment discontinuation rate is lower than that of traditional antimuscarinics, study finds.
Only a quarter of men receiving injections of BoNT-A comply with the treatment long-term.
Prospective study reveals a 1-year surgical intervention rate of 13%.
Consistent mean reductions in urinary incontinence; durable improvements in quality of life.
De novo OAB — defined as urgency with or without frequency and nocturia — developed in some patients.
Reoperation rate for transvaginal mesh prolapse surgery is 4%.
These same patients, however, had less intense detrusor overactivity, urodynamic evaluation revealed.
Urologists and gynecologists are 49% and 30% more likely than primary care doctors to prescribe second-generation agents.
Potentially inappropriate medication use is prevalent in older adults undergoing antimuscarinic treatment for overactive bladder.
Patients' median bladder capacity improved from 150 to 200 mL and continence improved in nearly 90% of patients.
Researchers also find a significant association between smoking and secondary nocturnal enuresis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Lymphoceles: A Contemporary Review and an Approach for Prevention
- Anticoagulants Tied With Stroke, Hemorrhage in CKD
- Coronary Artery Calcification Risk Factors in CKD Identified
- Pulmonary Hypertension Linked With Worse Prognosis in CKD, ESRD
- Adverse Prostate Cancer Pathology Accurately Predicted With MRI
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)