Read through our coverage of the National Kidney Foundation's 2016 Spring Clinical Meetings.
The control of phosphorus is underappreciated, for example.
Finding suggests that olfactory deficits may contribute to nutritional impairment in patients with chronic and end-stage renal disease.
Average 6-month serum phosphorus level was significantly lower in CKD patients who received niacin than those who did not (3.4 vs. 4.2 mg/dL).
The study is the first to find a link between FGF23 levels and infection in non-dialysis patients.
The condition is associated with a death risk similar to that of apparent hypercalcemia.
Non-adherence to hemodialysis schedules is most notable at a temperature above 82.4° F and precipitation levels above 8 inches per 24 hours.
After adjusting for potential confounders and mediators, a large cross-sectional study found no association between obesity and CKD prevalence.
Investigators find that the normalized mean ESA dose decreases as patients' elevation of residence increases.
The positive trend is more pronounced among established patients than those who recently started dialysis.
The association between potassium levels and mortality, however, was similar among races.
Albuminuria increases death risk 2-fold among individuals with an estimated glomerular filtration rate of 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 or higher.
A summary of Dr. Jeffrey S. Berns' presentation that will be given at the National Kidney Foundation's 2016 Spring Clinical Meetings in Boston, MA.
A summary of Dr. Ronald D. Perrone's presentation that will be given at the National Kidney Foundation's 2016 Spring Clinical Meetings in Boston, MA.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- The Threat From Within: Most Breaches Due to Employee Errors
- Radical Prostatectomy Has Lasting Benefit for Localized Cancer
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Serum Phosphate at Dialysis Start Tied With Mortality
- Veterans Health Administration Hospitals Outperform Non-VHAs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)