A patient's risk of suicide is doubled within the first year following a prostate cancer diagnosis, according to a new meta-analysis.
Study of Korean radical prostatectomy patients showed that those who were obese had significant increased odds of biochemical recurrence and cancer-specific mortality
Proportion achieving target BP increased with use of triple combo pill versus usual care at six months.
Among US dialysis patients, cardiovascular event rates are highest in those with diabetic nephropathy and lowest among those with IgA nephropathy.
Patients on hemodialysis who achieved serum phosphate levels below 4.5 mg/dL experienced a decrease in intact fibroblast growth factor 23.
In a study, hemodialysis patients who used phosphate binders had up to a 44% decreased risk of dying from infection than those who did not use the drugs.
Small study found that 2 mg of melatonin taken at bedtime did not significantly decrease the mean number of nocturia episodes vs placebo.
Clinicians should assess whether women experience urinary incontinence and whether it affects their health, function, and quality of life.
New study suggests sodium intake is associated with cardiovascular disease and stroke only when mean sodium intake exceeds 5 grams per day.
Cytoreductive radical prostatectomy (RP) for metastatic prostate cancer (PCa) is associated with higher complication rates and longer hospital stays than RP for non-metastatic PCa.
In a study, percutaneous coronary intervention was associated with a 72% decreased risk of acute renal failure compared with coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Data show that gout is associated with an increased risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
AMA House of Delegates has adopted policy to study, act for, advocate gender equity in medicine.
From 2000 to 2015 screening for breast, cervical, and prostate cancers decreased significantly, whereas screening for colorectal cancer increased significantly.
Patient data hacking is a risk even for small practices.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)