Hypogonadism and serum testosterone evaluation nearly doubled the odds a man would undergo varicocelectomy.
IBD is associated with a nearly 5-fold increased risk of prostate cancer, study finds.
Maintaining ACC/AHA goals would result in fewer events than current BP levels, prior guideline goals
Prediction independent of traditional risk factors such as MetS, glucose, HbA1c in general population
Patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer had a 22% decreased risk of disease progression if they received neoadjuvant rather than adjuvant chemotherapy, a study found.
More than half of UK specialists surveyed said measuring testosterone levels in patients with nonmetastatic prostate cancer was not their routine practice.
Risk for patients in rivaroxaban group reduced during the on-treatment period
Reasons for nondisclosure include not wanting to be judged or lectured, being embarrassed
In a study, the rate of deep vein thrombosis in treated hypogonadal men was just 0.8% over 2 years of follow-up.
Method evaluating cells collected from urine shows 94% diagnostic accuracy.
In a large retrospective study, the risk of end-stage renal disease was 6-fold higher in patients with Crohn's disease compared with controls.
Increase especially great among women, who were less likely to receive guideline-based treatment.
Both hepcidin-25 levels and the hepcidin/ferritin ratio were significantly higher in patients on peritoneal dialysis vs hemodialysis.
Findings observed for veterans with diabetes and concomitant chronic kidney disease
Blood pressure, smoking, type 1 and 2 diabetes linked to higher hazard ratios for women than men
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)