Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosfomycin (as tromethamine) 3g; granules for ingestion after dissolution; single-dose sachets; mandarin-orange flavor; contains sucrose.
Indications for MONUROL:
Uncomplicated susceptible UTIs in women.
Females ≥18yrs: Mix contents of 1 sachet (3g) with 3–4oz of water (do not use hot water); drink immediately. Max 1 dose/episode.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Serum levels and urinary excretion may be lowered by drugs that increase GI motility (eg, metoclopramide).
GI upset, headache, rhinitis, back pain, pharyngitis, dizziness, abdominal pain, asthenia, rash.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)