Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosfomycin (as tromethamine) 3g; granules for ingestion after dissolution; single-dose sachets; mandarin-orange flavor; contains sucrose.
Indications for MONUROL:
Uncomplicated susceptible UTIs in women.
Females ≥18yrs: Mix contents of 1 sachet (3g) with 3–4oz of water (do not use hot water); drink immediately. Max 1 dose/episode.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Serum levels and urinary excretion may be lowered by drugs that increase GI motility (eg, metoclopramide).
GI upset, headache, rhinitis, back pain, pharyngitis, dizziness, abdominal pain, asthenia, rash.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)