Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 4mcg each of Group A, C, Y, and W-135; per 0.5mL; (diphtheria toxoid conjugate); soln for IM inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for MENACTRA:
Adults and Children:
<9mos: not recommended. Give by IM inj only in deltoid region. Primary vaccination: 9–23mos: 0.5mL given as 2-dose series three months apart; 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. Booster vaccination: 15–55yrs: may give a single (0.5mL) dose for those at continued risk, if at least 4yrs have elapsed since the prior dose.
Severe allergic reaction to any previous meningococcal capsular polysaccharide-, diphtheria toxoid- or CRM197-containing vaccine.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. History of Guillain-Barre syndrome. Immunosuppressed. Risk of syncope. Latex allergy. Adults >55yrs old. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, malaise, arthralgia, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, chills, fever, rash, irritability, drowsiness; children: also, abnormal crying.
To register pregnant patients or to report adverse events call (800) 822-2463. Refer to www.cdc.gov for ACIP guidelines on vaccinating acutely ill patients.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Urine Immunoassay Identifies Novel Lupus Nephritis Biomarkers
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)