Family alleged that healthcare professionals failed to respond to an infant's symptoms of a potentially fatal condition.
Researchers developed a three-part handoff system that includes standardized communication and handoff training.
The number of malpractice suits filed in the state has dropped by 36% each year since the reforms went into effect.
A ballot initiative slated for 2014 is aimed at increasing the cap from $250,000 to $1.1 million.
These case take up more of a judge's time than criminal cases and other types of civil cases.
A recent analysis has revealed that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has paid out about $845 million for medical malpractice cases since 2003.
Small intestine perforation during a hernia operation resulted in an intestinal infection that spread, leading to other complications.
A group of legislators recently met to discuss a bill that would create an administrative system for dealing with claims.
Results indicate that there are as many as 210,000 to 440,000 deaths per year associated with preventable harm in hospitals.
Florida trial attorneys successfully argued that it violated HIPAA.
The device would be used in dialysis patients with arteriovenous fistulas.
The errors were related to default settings, which are commonly used to populate information for things such as commonly prescribed dosing protocols.
The new law waives civil penalties against volunteer health professionals unless there is a "gross deviation from the ordinary standard of care, or willful misconduct."
A large medical malpractice lawsuit has settled after six weeks of trial, but prior to the defense putting on its side of the case.
Diederich Healthcare has recently released an analysis of 2012 medical malpractice payouts based on information from the NPDB.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Radium-223 Use in mCRPC Differs By Race
- Brachytherapy for Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer Continues to Decline
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Abiraterone, Prednisone With Androgen Deprivation Therapy Show Durable Efficacy in Metastatic Castration-Naive Prostate Cancer
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)