2018 LUGPA Annual Meeting: What to Expect
The LUGPA 2018 Annual Meeting will take place from November 1-3, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois.
The LUGPA 2018 Annual Meeting will take place from November 1-3, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois. The meeting will offer more than 18 educational sessions in addition to working groups, workshops, and industry-supported events that will cover the latest developments in genitourinary oncology.
Sessions will include a review of the differences in genetic testing for patients with prostate cancer, the importance of assessing family history in patients who may have a hereditable risk, and guidance on optimal technique for biopsy in patients with prostate and bladder cancer. The focus of this year's meeting, planned exclusively for urologists, is “Preserving Our Future Through Innovation.”
One of the expected highlights is a session entitled “Leadershift,” which will be held on Friday, November 2, at 2:15 PM local time. The session will focus on 11 essential changes that all leaders must embrace in order to remain successful, and the keynote speaker for this session is #1 New York Times bestselling author and leadership expert John C. Maxwell.
Additional sessions of interest include:
- Telehealth in Urology: Opportunities & Obstacles
- Active Surveillance – The Time is NOW!
- Practice Management Benchmarking: What's Next?
- Innovative Writing: How Can You Make a Difference? An Update on Reviews in Urology
- Is There An Optimal Prostate Biopsy Technique?
- Is There An Optimal TURBT Technique, and the Color War?
- Focal Therapy: Ready or Not?
- What Is The Future of Prostate Cancer Care?
- Immuno-Oncology: The Urologist's Role
- Genetic Evaluation of Hereditary Prostate Cancer
- Practice Changing Applications of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine in GU Malignancies
- Is TURP Still the Gold Standard?
In addition to the CME-accredited program, the 2018 LUGPA Annual Meeting will also offer breakout sessions to allow attendees to select the information most relevant to their clinical practice.
These breakout sessions include:
- Getting Started in Telehealth: A Pragmatic Approach
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Practice Buy-ins & Buy-outs
- Open Mic and Networking
- Centers of Excellence in Female Continence