LMX 4% OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 4%; crm.
Ferndale Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for LMX 4%:
Topical anesthetic for minor wounds, burns, abrasions, insect bites, or pretreatment before injections, minor procedures.
Adults and Children:
Use occlusive dressing for young children or if cream may be disturbed. Clean area with mild soap; do not use alcohol or acetone. <2yrs: individualize. ≥2yrs: massage small amount of cream into skin, then completely cover affected area; leave on for 30–60 minutes (may add more cream); remove.
Not for use near tympanic membrane or on broken skin. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, ingestion (esp. children or pets), application to large areas, and using for longer than recommended time. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Irritation, pruritus, erythema, rash, systemic effects.
Crm 5g—1, 5
Crm 5g—1 (w. 2 dressings)
Crm 5g—5 (w. 10 dressings)
Crm 15g, 30g—1
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)