LMX 4% OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 4%; crm.
Ferndale Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for LMX 4%:
Topical anesthetic for minor wounds, burns, abrasions, insect bites, or pretreatment before injections, minor procedures.
Adults and Children:
Use occlusive dressing for young children or if cream may be disturbed. Clean area with mild soap; do not use alcohol or acetone. <2yrs: individualize. ≥2yrs: massage small amount of cream into skin, then completely cover affected area; leave on for 30–60 minutes (may add more cream); remove.
Not for use near tympanic membrane or on broken skin. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, ingestion (esp. children or pets), application to large areas, and using for longer than recommended time. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Irritation, pruritus, erythema, rash, systemic effects.
Crm 5g—1, 5
Crm 5g—1 (w. 2 dressings)
Crm 5g—5 (w. 10 dressings)
Crm 15g, 30g—1
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- The Potential Role for PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)