Legal Issues In Medicine
Patients, families, clinicians must consider clinical, ethical, legal aspects of VSED to hasten death.
The PSQIA allows physicians and hospitals to share information about safety issues and incidents through a patient safety organization.
The risk of a primary care physician getting sued is 75%, the authors present 5 strategies to reduce the risk of lawsuits.
Public support for physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia has increased in Western Europe, while plateauing in the United States.
Many believe meds supported by stronger evidence than the law requires to achieve designation.
Case surrounds whether liability under IFPA can be based on what a practice should have known.
A few doctors account for disproportionately large number of paid malpractice claims.
Analysis finds studies paid for by private sector increasing, while US-sponsored trials decline.
Physicians can now prescribe life-ending drugs to terminally ill patients.
Half of legal actions result from non-physician performing the procedure.
Panel urges changes to an increasingly complex health care system.
Court supported insurance company in termination of doctors after dispute over necessity of services
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
California court finds that state's cap on noneconomic damages is constitutional.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)