BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Prerenal Cause
Renal artery stenosis
Atherosclerotic renal vascular disease
Thromboembolic renal vascular disease
HUS or TTP Sickle cell disease-associated nephropathy
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Studies that would permit a diagnosis of HUS, TTP, or sickle cell disease are valuable.
Tests that identify a predisposition to thrombosis may also be informative.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Molecular Subtypes Linked to Outcomes in Acute Kidney Injury
- AHA: Icosapent Ethyl Cuts CV Risk From Elevated Triglycerides
- AHA: Dapagliflozin Noninferior to Placebo for MACE in T2DM
- Health Information Breach Brings Record Settlement
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)