Markers of bone resorption decreased in hemodialysis patients with 6 months of etelcalcetide treatment.
Analyses demonstrated that an ABI of 1.79 correlated with radiographic evidence of calcified vessels.
Epoetin dose is significantly associated with cardiovascular disease whether patients had lower or higher hemoglobin levels, study finds.
In a study, IV iron was associated with twice the risk for infections in CKD.
In a study, patients receiving cinacalcet under supervision 3 times per week after dialysis rather than after daily self-administration showed improvement in their parathyroid hormone levels.
In a study, patients with uncontrolled SHPT were switched from oral cinacalcet to intravenous etelcalcetide.
Loss of renal function may not be the sole factor in SHPT development, according to new study findings.
A study of new dialysis patients showed that home hemodialysis was associated with a 23% decreased risk of death at 1 year compared with in-center hemodialysis.
A polymer that binds to hydrochloric acid in the GI tract and does not enter the systemic circulation significantly improved serum bicarbonate levels compared with placebo.
In a study of 933 individuals with a mean age of 78 years, higher serum uromodulin was associated with a lower risk of end-stage renal disease.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- The Threat From Within: Most Breaches Due to Employee Errors
- Radical Prostatectomy Has Lasting Benefit for Localized Cancer
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Serum Phosphate at Dialysis Start Tied With Mortality
- Veterans Health Administration Hospitals Outperform Non-VHAs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)