Generic Name and Formulations:
Cangrelor 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol, sorbitol.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for KENGREAL:
As adjunct to percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for reducing the risk of periprocedural myocardial infarction (MI), repeat coronary revascularization, and stent thrombosis (ST) in patients who have not been treated with a P2Y12 platelet inhibitor and are not being given a glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor.
Initially 30mcg/kg IV bolus prior to PCI, followed immediately by 4mcg/kg/min IV infusion; continue infusion for ≥2hrs or for duration of PCI, whichever is longer. Transitioning to oral P2Y12 therapy: see full labeling.
Significant active bleeding.
Increased risk of bleeding. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (ATP analog).
Do not administer clopidogrel or prasugrel during infusion.
Bleeding, renal impairment, dyspnea, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial (10mL)—1, 10
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Guidelines Updated for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Darolutamide Improves Metastasis-Free Survival in CRPC
- Prednisone to Blame for ERA 223 Trial Failure?
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)