August 2018 Issue of Renal And Urology News
Renal & Urology News July-Aug 2018 Issue
Nephrology Cover Articles
Patients with vs without anemia prior to starting hemodialysis (HD) were more likely to die despite achieving target hemoglobin levels at month 4 after HD ...
Persistent cocaine use by patients with chronic kidney disease more than doubled their risk for death.
Urology Cover Articles
Men with Peyronie's disease have elevated risks of benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis, and testis and prostate cancer, new studies reveal.
In 2015, 69% of surgeries for prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer were performed with robotic assistance, a new meta-analysis shows.
Men with advanced prostate cancer at diagnosis have an elevated risk of spinal cord compression, renal failure, and other cancer-related morbidities.
In a phase 2 trial that enrolled 31 patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, treatment with bardoxolone resulted in a significant increase in kidney ...
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)