August 2018 Issue of Renal And Urology News
Renal & Urology News July-Aug 2018 Issue
Nephrology Cover Articles
Patients with vs without anemia prior to starting hemodialysis (HD) were more likely to die despite achieving target hemoglobin levels at month 4 after HD ...
Persistent cocaine use by patients with chronic kidney disease more than doubled their risk for death.
Urology Cover Articles
Men with Peyronie's disease have elevated risks of benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis, and testis and prostate cancer, new studies reveal.
In 2015, 69% of surgeries for prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer were performed with robotic assistance, a new meta-analysis shows.
Men with advanced prostate cancer at diagnosis have an elevated risk of spinal cord compression, renal failure, and other cancer-related morbidities.
In a phase 2 trial that enrolled 31 patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, treatment with bardoxolone resulted in a significant increase in kidney ...
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)