RUN was on-site at the International Continence Society's 2018 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. Read through our extensive daily coverage for the latest clinical updates.
Desmopressin orally disintegrating tablets resulted in declines in nocturnal voids in men and women with nocturnal polyuria and mild daytime voiding dysfunction.
In a study, 28% of all incident in-hospital falls were associated with nighttime visits to the toilet.
In a study, nocturnal polyuria was present in 30% of women with overactive bladder.
LUTS treatment with the alpha-blocker prazosin was associated with significantly lower 2- and 5-year biochemical recurrence rates vs tamsulosin and non-use of alpha-blockers.
Taking 2 or more drugs for hypertension is associated with a significantly higher number of nocturnal voids and higher nocturnal polyuria index, study finds.
Phase 4 trial showed that mirabegron significantly decreased incontinence episodes and micturitions compared with placebo among patients aged 65 years and older.
A study of commercially insured patients showed Asians and Hispanics were less likely than whites to undergo advanced overactive bladder treatments.
Study suggests male OAB could be associated with abnormalities in metabolic pathways of fatty acids and bile acids.
Even modestly elevated fasting plasma glucose levels and HbA1c is associated with increased odds of overactive bladder.
The ratio of visceral fat volume to total abdominal fat volume is an independent risk factor for overactive bladder, study finds.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Molecular Subtypes Linked to Outcomes in Acute Kidney Injury
- AHA: Icosapent Ethyl Cuts CV Risk From Elevated Triglycerides
- AHA: Dapagliflozin Noninferior to Placebo for MACE in T2DM
- Health Information Breach Brings Record Settlement
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)