Latest Hypertension News
Maintaining ACC/AHA goals would result in fewer events than current BP levels, prior guideline goals
Tablets tainted with N-nitrosodiethylamine, a suspected human carcinogen
Two studies show increased risk for cardiovascular disease in association with hypertension.
Intervention plus motivational interviewing better than health education alone for black adults.
In a Canadian study of patients who experienced AKI during hospitalization, treatment with an ACEI or ARB within 6 months of discharge was associated with a 15% lower risk for death after 2 years.
Two US cohorts support use of home BP threshold of 130/80 mm Hg for black, white, Hispanic adults
Higher risk seen with ACEIs vs angiotensin receptor blockers; risk linked to duration of use
Incident CKD accompanied by decreases in kidney damage biomarkers in setting of intensive treatment.
In a study, nighttime voiding significantly correlated with smaller dips in nocturnal blood pressure.
Implementing ACC/AHA guideline would direct antihypertensive meds to adults at high CVD risk.
Increased risk for aortic valve stenosis and aortic regurgitation with increased systolic BP.
For both men and women, Southern dietary pattern is largest mediating factor for difference in HTN.
Ruling out Rx non-compliance, white coat syndrome, and interfering medications necessary
Proportion achieving target BP increased with use of triple combo pill versus usual care at six months.
New study suggests sodium intake is associated with cardiovascular disease and stroke only when mean sodium intake exceeds 5 grams per day.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients