Latest Hypertension News
Use of billing data alone shows that up to 1 in 8 hypertension cases might be undiagnosed
Odds of having one or more infarcts also increased with more rapidly declining SBP slope over time.
All lots of non-expired products that contain valsartan supplied by Zhejiang Huahai being recalled.
Regardless of BP levels in young adulthood, blacks have increased hypertension risk versus whites
Incorporation of new pediatric definitions increased prevalence of hypertension in high-risk youth.
And relative risk for hypertension up with any drinking among men without hypertension.
More than three-quarters of men with nocturnal polyuria had non-dipping blood pressure compared with less than half of men with other causes of nocturia.
Higher risk of second hemorrhagic stroke in blacks, Hispanics, not fully explained by hypertension severity.
Findings among patients with low platelet count, high homocysteine levels
Findings based on use of commonly available antihypertensive meds in older African-Americans
Trend is consistent whether the threshold blood pressure level is reached earlier or later in life
New study demonstrates that masked hypertension is associated with greater mortality risks than sustained or white coat hypertension.
After a median 20 years of follow-up, heart failure not associated with cancer incidence
Increased risk of CVD for achieved systolic blood pressure of 120 versus 130 or 140 mm Hg
Preferences indicate people would rather take daily pill or tea to prolong life rather than exercise
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer