Hydroxyzine HCl Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydroxyzine HCl 10mg/5mL; contains alcohol 0.5%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydroxyzine HCl Syrup:
25 mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: 50mg daily. ≥6yrs: 50–100mg daily. Both in divided doses.
Early pregnancy. Allergy to cetirizine or levocetirizine.
Elderly. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, narcotics, non-narcotic analgesics, barbiturates); reduce dose of these agents.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, tremor, convulsions.
Formerly known under the brand name Atarax.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)