Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Syrup CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, homatropine methylbromide 1.5mg; per 5mL; wild cherry flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Syrup:
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 4–6hrs as needed; max 30mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 4–6hrs as needed; max 15mL/24hrs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Risk of life-threatening respiratory depression (esp. in children). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs.
Respiratory depression, drowsiness, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, anticholinergic effects, sedation, anxiety, nausea, rash, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand name Hycodan.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Changes in Renal Cell Carcinoma Pathologic Staging and Histologic Grading
- Nocturia, Overactive Bladder Improved With PTNS
- Many Americans Unaware of Promise of Personalized Medicine
- Noninferior CV Outcomes for Linagliptin in T2D With High CV, Renal Risk
- VDRAs Do Not Lower Cardiovascular Event Risk in HD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)