Genitourinary Cancers Symposium
Patients with bladder adenocarcinomas have the best survival, whereas those with small cell carcinomas of the bladder have the worst.
Multiparametric MRI has high positive and negative predictive values for extracapsular extension, seminal vesicle invasion, lymph node involvement, and high-risk Gleason score.
In a study, nearly 20% of radical cystectomy patients were readmitted for complications within 90 days compared with 1.9% and 5.9% for radical prostatectomy and radical nephrectomy, respectively.
Among men who had PSA failure following radiation therapy for localized PCa, those with a long PSA doubling time had an increased risk of PCa mortality if they started androgen-deprivation therapy later.
Black men undergoing radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer are more likely to have indications for adjuvant radiotherapy compared with white men.
Statin use is associated with greater overall survival among men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and improved survival among patients with high-risk prostate cancer.
In a study, a negative confirmatory prostate biopsy in prostate cancer patients on active surveillance predicts a lower risk of progressing to treatment.
In separate studies, apalutamide and enzalutamide prolonged metastasis-free survival in men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
In a study of hypogonadal men, those who received testosterone therapy had a lower incidence of prostate cancer than those who did not.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Lymphoceles: A Contemporary Review and an Approach for Prevention
- Anticoagulants Tied With Stroke, Hemorrhage in CKD
- Coronary Artery Calcification Risk Factors in CKD Identified
- Pulmonary Hypertension Linked With Worse Prognosis in CKD, ESRD
- Adverse Prostate Cancer Pathology Accurately Predicted With MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)