FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, inactivated, "subunit" influenza vaccine (virus types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg of hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; antibiotic-free.
Indications for FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid. 4–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses at least 4wks apart (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation). ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Use current formulation only. Have appropriate medical treatment and supervision readily available. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, erythema, induration), headache, fatigue, myalgia; syncope.
Single-dose prefilled syringe 0.5mL (preservative-free)—10 (without needles); Multi-dose vial 5mL (contains thimerosal)—1
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Increase Men's Suicide Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)