Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelaic acid 15%; aqueous gel; contains propylene glycol.
Indications for FINACEA:
Wash and dry skin. Massage thin layer gently into affected areas twice daily (AM & PM). May apply cosmetics after gel dries.
Monitor patients with dark complexions for hypopigmentation. Discontinue if sensitivity or severe irritation develops. Avoid eyes, mouth, other mucous membranes, occlusive dressings, topical alcoholic products, abrasives, peeling agents. Reevaluate if no improvement after 12 weeks of treatment. Foam: flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, tingling, pruritus, scaling, dry skin, xerosis, erythema, irritation, edema, contact dermatitis, acne; worsening of asthma; foam: also application site pain.
Gel—50g tubes; Foam—50g cans
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)