End Stage Renal Disease
Mean 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels did not differ significantly among groups receiving phosphate binders or dietary therapy.
Prospective study reveals that patients on hemodialysis whose blood selenium concentrations are in the lowest decile have a 3.4-fold higher odds of death.
Patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) due to autosomal polycystic kidney disease are more likely to receive a kidney transplant than those with ESRD from other causes, new study finds.
In a study, the 30-day readmission rate for hemodialysis patients hospitalized for cardiovascular events was 34.2%.
Fresenius Medical Care North America has promoted Ahmad Sharif, MD, MPH, to Chief Medical Information Officer for North America.
In an Israeli study, individuals who had any type of kidney disease as children had a 4-fold increased risk of end-stage renal disease in adulthood.
New study finds an increase in medical events and institutionalization in the months leading up to dialysis withdrawal.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- AUA Issues New Guidelines on Testosterone Deficiency
- Biopsy-to-RP Delay May Up Prostate Cancer Recurrence Risk
- Fenofibrate Therapy Slows CKD Progression in Diabetics
- Optimal Management of Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer Remains Unclear
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Predictors of Hungry Bone Syndrome Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)