Generic Name and Formulations:
Emedastine (as difumarate) 0.05%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EMADINE:
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not recommended. ≥3yrs: 1 drop up to 4 times daily.
Soft contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 10 minutes after administration, if eye is not red). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, abnormal dreams, asthenia, bad taste, blurred vision, burning or stinging, corneal infiltrates, corneal staining, dermatitis, discomfort, dry eye, foreign body sensation, hyperemia, keratitis, pruritus, rhinitis, sinusitis, tearing.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)