Generic Name and Formulations:
Rasburicase (recombinant) 1.5mg, 7.5mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for ELITEK:
Single course treatment for initial management of plasma uric acid levels in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumor malignancies who are receiving anti-cancer therapy expected to result in tumor lysis and subsequent elevation of plasma uric acid.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. 0.2mg/kg daily for 5 days. Dosing >5 days or more than one course of treatment: not recommended.
History of anaphylaxis, or development of hemolytic reactions or methemoglobinemia to rasburicase. G6PD deficiency.
Anaphylaxis. Hemolysis. Methemoglobinemia. Interference with uric acid measurements.
Discontinue permanently if serious hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis), hemolysis, or methemoglobinemia develops. Screen high risk patients (eg, African or Mediterranean ancestry) for G6PD deficiency prior to initiation. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Interferes with uric acid measurements in blood samples left at room temperature.
GI upset, pyrexia, peripheral edema, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, constipation, hypophosphatemia, hyperbilirubinemia, mucositis, sepsis; anaphylaxis, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia.
Single-use vials 1.5mg—3 (w. diluent); 7.5mg—1 (w. diluent)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)