Generic Name and Formulations:
Digoxin Immune Fab (ovine) 40mg/vial; IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for DIGIFAB:
Digoxin toxicity or overdose.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Dose based on amount of digoxin or digitoxin to be neutralized. Contents of 1 vial neutralizes 0.5mg digoxin.
Previous allergies to antibiotics, sheep antibodies, papain or papaya extracts. Monitor potassium, renal, and cardiac function. Postpone redigitalization until Fab fragments cleared. Interferes with digitalis immunoassays. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Symptoms of digoxin withdrawal. Hypokalemia.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)