Latest Diabetic Nephropathy News
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass linked to significantly lower risk for microvascular complications
PCOS one of most influential predictors of T2DM after adjustment for BMI, education, family history
Risk higher for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, renal mortality; lower risk for cancer mortality
No increase in serious hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia after switch from analogue to human insulin
In a Finnish study, the cumulative risk for end-stage renal disease among patients with newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes was less than 1% at 20 years.
Currently, there is no effective generic alternative to brand-name insulin
Suppressing albuminuria should be an important target of therapy, according to investigators.
Recommendations suggest doctors prescribe individualized exercise training for these patients
Reduction in risk for range of critical outcomes greatest for daily dietary fiber intake of 25 to 29 g.
Rate of the primary outcome was similar for canagliflozin, glucagon-like peptide-1 agonist
Cardiovascular risk increased with sulfonylureas and basal insulin versus newer classes of ADM
17.1% of patients reported having experienced one or more events in previous year.
Higher risk seen on Christmas Eve, particularly in older adults with diabetes, heart disease
Updates include use of SGLT-2 inhibitors and GLP-1 receptor agonists for T2DM, CVD; endorsed by ACC
For this study, the authors identified randomized controlled trials (RCTs) that compared SGLT2 inhibitors with placebo, no treatment, or another antidiabetic agent and reported on UTI outcome.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Obesity Linked With Improved Survival in mCRPC
- Radium-223 Use in mCRPC Differs By Race
- Brachytherapy for Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer Continues to Decline
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Abiraterone, Prednisone With Androgen Deprivation Therapy Show Durable Efficacy in Metastatic Castration-Naive Prostate Cancer