Latest Diabetes News
Reduction in risk for range of critical outcomes greatest for daily dietary fiber intake of 25 to 29 g.
Rate of the primary outcome was similar for canagliflozin, glucagon-like peptide-1 agonist
Cardiovascular risk increased with sulfonylureas and basal insulin versus newer classes of ADM
17.1% of patients reported having experienced one or more events in previous year.
Higher risk seen on Christmas Eve, particularly in older adults with diabetes, heart disease
Updates include use of SGLT-2 inhibitors and GLP-1 receptor agonists for T2DM, CVD; endorsed by ACC
For this study, the authors identified randomized controlled trials (RCTs) that compared SGLT2 inhibitors with placebo, no treatment, or another antidiabetic agent and reported on UTI outcome.
Median of 2 strips/day used by those taking agents not considered to be risk for causing hypoglycemia
Rate has declined but remains higher in those with type 1 or 2 diabetes than in those without
Linagliptin added to usual care compared with placebo added to usual care resulted in a noninferior risk for a composite cardiovascular or renal outcome over a median 2.2 years.
Prediction independent of traditional risk factors such as MetS, glucose, HbA1c in general population
Significant additive interaction identified for night shift work, unhealthy lifestyle for female nurses
Report provides guidance on reducing CV risk in patients with T2DM and atherosclerotic CV disease
Using higher HbA1c target in over-75s could increase disability-adjusted life-years by 44.2%.
Delays in seeking care for first major symptom of macrovascular disease, first major diagnostic test.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified