Company fined $16 million in a case involving hackers who stole electronic health information from nearly 79 million people.
Although uncommon, criminal prosecutions under HIPAA still occur.
The case involving a major health care organization involved a laptop stolen from an employee's home and 2 lost USB devices.
The FDA still considers marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it has "no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."
Regardless of the type of audit a practice is performing, the starting point for most of them is internal.
The health care field is looking to behavioral economics because of the understanding that behavior is the 'final pathway through which all of our interventions act.'
Search our drug information database which contains an extensive list of renal & urology drugs.
Our drug database contains over 4,000 concise product monographs (OTC & Rx) and is organized by brand name, generic name, and disease state. Each monograph includes indication, dose, contraindications, precautions, interactions, adverse reactions, manufacturer, and how supplied information. We even offer you the ability to compare drugs side-by-side, and search for information on pharmaceutical companies.
FIND DRUG MONOGRAPHS
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)