Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan polistirex (equivalent to dextromethorphan HBr) 30mg/5mL; ext-rel susp; orange or grape flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Indications for DELSYM:
10mL every 12 hours.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 2.5mL. 6–11yrs: 5mL. Both every 12 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hyperpyretic crisis with MAOIs.
Renal and Urology News Articles
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)