Generic Name and Formulations:
Cysteamine 0.44%; ophthalmic soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CYSTARAN:
Treatment of corneal cystine cystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.
Adults and Children:
Instill one drop in each eye every waking hour. Discard after 1 week of use.
Remove contact lenses prior to application; may reinsert after 15 mins. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Light sensitivity, redness, eye pain/irritation, headache, visual field defects; possible benign intracranial hypertension.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)