Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 20mg/2mL; soln for inhalation.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln:
Asthma prophylaxis. Prevention of bronchoconstriction before exposure to a known precipitant (eg, exercise).
Adults and Children:
<2 years: not recommended. ≥2 years: 20mg administered by power-operated nebulizer 4 times a day. Bronchoconstriction prevention: contents of 1 amp inhaled up to 60 minutes before precipitant.
Not for treatment of acute attack. Impaired renal or hepatic function: reduce dose. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if eosinophilic pneumonia occurs. Coronary artery disease or arrhythmias (Inhaler). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Avoid use with isoproterenol during pregnancy.
Bronchospasm, throat irritation, bad taste, cough, wheezing, nasal congestion, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand name Intal.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)