CILOXAN OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CILOXAN OPH OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: ½ inch into conjunctival sac 3 times daily for 2 days, then twice daily for next 5 days.
CNS or convulsive disorders. Discontinue if rash occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May increase theophylline levels. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May increase renal toxicity with cyclosporine.
Soln: Burning, crystalline precipitates, lid margin crusting, scales, foreign body sensation, pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, bad taste. Oint: ocular discomfort, blurred vision; may delay corneal healing. Both: superinfection.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Albuminuria Endpoints May Improve CKD Progression Trials
- Comorbidities Adversely Linked to Cancer Trial Participation
- Global Demand for Bladder Cancer Treatment Threatens Supply in 2019
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- New Predictor of In-Hospital Acute Kidney Injury Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)