Women face unique challenges to their kidney health, including during pregnancy, according to a new report.
Latest Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) News
In a study, percutaneous coronary intervention was associated with a 72% decreased risk of acute renal failure compared with coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Obese or overweight individuals have significantly lower levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D than normal-weight individuals at any level of kidney function, a study found.
Oral sodium bicarbonate treatment was associated with improved lean body mass and kidney function in patients with metabolic acidosis due to CKD stages 3 and 4.
A single 30-gram oral dose of sodium polystyrene sulfonate resulted in a significant decrease in serum potassium within 24 hours.
Atrial fibrillation may up stroke risk as much as 1.5 to 2 times in CKD patients, according to study findings.
DOAC users with eGFRs less than 60 mL/min/1.73m2 had a 23% higher risk for bleeding than warfarin users.
VFI approach for direct measurement of glomerular filtration rate is accurate and reproducible.
Decline in rates of cardiac stress testing in Medicare beneficiaries aged 66 years from 2008 to 2012.
Even patients with mild chronic kidney disease were prevented from participating in clinical trials of drugs for bladder, breast, colorectal, lung, and prostate cancers.
Drinking one cup of coffee daily was associated with 24% lower risk for chronic kidney disease.
Individuals with higher blood lead levels experienced greater decreases in eGFR.
In a South Korean study, nearly 60% of elderly patients with type 2 diabetes had chronic kidney disease at baseline.
Persistent cocaine use by patients with chronic kidney disease more than doubled their risk for death.
Anemia is 66% and 84% more likely to develop among patients in the 3rd and 4th quartiles of serum fibroblast growth factor 23 level vs those in the 1st quartile.
Rates of hyperkalemia associated with receipt of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitors vary by age and comorbidities.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer