CERALYTE 70 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 40g, sodium 70mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 60mEq, citrate 30mEq, Calories 160; per liter; pwd; natural or lemon flavor.
Cera Products Inc.
Indications for CERALYTE 70:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild (CeraLyte 50) to moderate (CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90) diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
Take with food. Mix powder as directed per packet. Drink sufficient volume to replace fluid lost. Continue until diarrhea stops.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Avoid sugary food/fruit drinks, colas.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Pwd packets: 10g (for 200mL)—24; 50g (for 1L)—12; Ready-to-Drink (11oz)—4
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Increase Men's Suicide Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)