CERALYTE 70 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 40g, sodium 70mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 60mEq, citrate 30mEq, Calories 160; per liter; pwd; natural or lemon flavor.
Cera Products Inc.
Indications for CERALYTE 70:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild (CeraLyte 50) to moderate (CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90) diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
Take with food. Mix powder as directed per packet. Drink sufficient volume to replace fluid lost. Continue until diarrhea stops.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Avoid sugary food/fruit drinks, colas.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Pwd packets: 10g (for 200mL)—24; 50g (for 1L)—12; Ready-to-Drink (11oz)—4
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Kidney Damage in Younger Adults Tied to NSAID Use
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients at Increased Risk for Cancer Death
- Guidelines Updated for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Adults
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Darolutamide Improves Metastasis-Free Survival in CRPC
- Prednisone to Blame for ERA 223 Trial Failure?
- Clinicians Somewhat Favor Shared Decision-Making in Older mCRPC Patients
- Higher Push-Up Capacity Linked to Lower Incidence of CVD Events
- Pembrolizumab Shows Promise for BCG-Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)