CARNITOR SF Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/10mL; oral solution; cherry flavor; sugar-free.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR SF:
Primary systemic or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 1g/day; titrate slowly; range 1–3g/day.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 50mg/kg/day; titrate slowly; range 50–100mg/kg (max 3g) per day.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor INR with warfarin.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur). Inj: also inj site reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—118mL; Single-dose vials (5mL)—5
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)