Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
In a study, percutaneous coronary intervention was associated with a 72% decreased risk of acute renal failure compared with coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Surgical procedure can correct calcium and phosphorus abnormalities and improve coronary artery calcification, study finds.
A study of Medicare patients found that atrial fibrillation was nearly twice as likely to develop in those with vs without gout.
DOAC users with eGFRs less than 60 mL/min/1.73m2 had a 23% higher risk for bleeding than warfarin users.
Insufficient evidence for adding to traditional CVD risk assessment in asymptomatic adults.
Association seen between marital status and risk, prognosis of coronary heart disease or stroke
Apixaban recipients had a 28% lower risk for major bleeding compared with patients treated with warfarin.
Composite outcome occurred in 12.9%; 50.1% of events in second to fifth years.
Lower incidence of major cardiovascular events with Mediterranean diet supplemented with oil, nuts.
And evidence insufficient to recommend ECG screen for asymptomatic adults at intermediate or high risk.
mHealth programs generally improve overall cardiovascular disease risk, at least in the short term.
Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) are almost twice as likely to experience a cardiovascular event as those without ED.
Generally moderate- or low-quality evidence for preventive benefits, no effect, or increased risk
Particulate matter less than 2.5 m in diameter linked to higher sudden cardiac death risk in women
SAD cause of considerable proportion of deaths in CHD patients without severe systolic dysfunction
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer