Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
Trial results do not support use of vitamin D receptor activators to prevent cardiovascular events in patients with end-stage renal disease and low intact parathyroid hormone levels.
Risk for statin-induced serious muscle injury 0.1 percent, newly diagnosed diabetes 0.2%
Prediction independent of traditional risk factors such as MetS, glucose, HbA1c in general population
Increase especially great among women, who were less likely to receive guideline-based treatment.
Blood pressure, smoking, type 1 and 2 diabetes linked to higher hazard ratios for women than men
Report provides guidance on reducing CV risk in patients with T2DM and atherosclerotic CV disease
But readmission rates similar for top-ranked, nonranked hospitals for acute MI and CABG
A history of gout was associated with worse outcomes in patients with obstructive coronary artery disease.
Significantly faster onset with atorvastatin, rosuvastatin versus simvastatin during monotherapy.
Lower all-cause mortality in CABG group vs PCI-DES group after median follow-up of 7.5 years.
Risk still up after adjustment for sociodemographics, comorbidity, behavioral measures of health
Ischemic events reduced among patients with elevated triglycerides despite taking statins
Treatment resulted in lower HF hospitalization rate in patients with, without atherosclerosis.
In their 2018 cholesterol guidelines, the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology recommend individualized risk and treatment options.
Second study shows no significant results for vitamin D supplementation vs placebo.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Delayed Prostate Cancer Treatment May Up Relapse Risk
- Review: Desmopressin Decreases Nocturia Episodes
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients